[TowerTalk] How Deep is enough?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] How Deep is enough?
From: Al Ardon" <kd7igw@arrl.net (Al Ardon)
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2001 21:10:52 -0800
I just put one up. I went the route and obtained a permit, but did have
a PE run the calcs. I found that the 4 foot hole was really overkill for
my area/soil type. I did go 4 but could have gone as shallow as 3. As
far as getting thru that, I don't have any experience other then a
jackhammer...

Good luck,

A.G. Ardon
KD7IGW