[TowerTalk] tower shoes

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] tower shoes
From: n4kg@juno.com (n4kg@juno.com)
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2001 09:10:37 -0600
On Tue, 18 Dec 2001 Signal Hill Ranch <shr@ricc.net> writes:

SNIP

> BTW  There are a lot of different kinds of gloves on
> the market and most rough leather ones work OK for
> climbing.  But when using gloves with preforms the
> only ones that "wear" well are ones made from
> pig skin.  The abrasive coating on the inside of the
> preforms cuts right through most leather gloves
> (I have tried them all) but the pig skin ones seem to be
> the most resistant to abrasion.
>
> --John  W0UN

Here is a trick I use to minimize contact with the
abrasive legs on Preformed Guy Grips:

After starting a couple of wraps, I insert a screwdriver
with a long shaft between the leg and the guy wire,
using the screwdriver to wrap the leg.  It helps to
have a helper (or a vice) hold the other end of the guy.

Tom  N4KG

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.

AN Wireless Self Supporting Towers are now available!  Windloading tables,
foundation diagrams and charts, along with full details are now at the
AN Wireless Web site:  http://www.ANWireless.com

-----