[TowerTalk] Re: Hink and Kinks

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Re: Hink and Kinks
From: sm2ekm@telia.com (Jan Erik Holm)
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2001 17:05:22 +0100
This "rubber flex disc" as you call it is a excelent thing to
use to save rotors. Actually, as far as I know, that disc
is called a Hardy disc. They are common on cars like
Ford Granada, BMW and Opel to name a few.
I use a small Emotator rotor to turn a 80 foot rotating
tower with multiple antennas on it, what saves the rotor
is a Hardy disc and I have also mounted an automobile
driveshaft U-joint so I dont have to be all that careful
in geting everything centered, also the bottom of the
tower yanks around a bit so the U-joint will fix it.
No problem with bolts coming loose, dont forget bolts
has to be tightened to proper torque.

73, merry christmas, Jim SM2EKM