[TowerTalk] Hink and Kinks

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Hink and Kinks
From: dhearn@ix.netcom.com (dan hearn)
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2001 16:14:34 -0800
I have considered building a rotor shock absorber by mounting 4
conventional equipment shock absorbers between 2 plates. I am talking
about thejobs with a bolt on top and a drawn metal shell on the bottom,
secured with 4 small bolts. Some are built to handle both vertical and
horizontal forces. They have been available at near give away prices in
surplus and ham flea markets. I have seen catalogs which give the load
ratings. I haven't tried them but think it has possibilities.
73, Dan, N5AR