[TowerTalk] stacking distances

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] stacking distances
From: NQ4I@compuserve.com (Rick Dougherty)
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2002 14:37:37 -0500
Time for another topic...I was playing with YT the past few days with the
updated files (tnx N4ZR and W4DD) and I happened on the following...a 3
high stack with 0.5 wavelength stacking distances had an appreciable more
gain
than a 4 hi stack with 0.75 or 1.0 wavelength spacing...and comparing 4 hi
stacks again the 0.5 wavelength spaced array had more gain....I am faiirly
sure that the pattern with 0.5 spacing is a lot cleaner too....anyone out
there have additional opinions on this observation?? thanks de Rick nq4i