[TowerTalk] Are higher HF antenna's really better?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Are higher HF antenna's really better?
From: ke5rs@cox-internet.com (John Benedict)
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2002 17:53:56 -0600
Hello Group
I have 100 feet of 45G tower and would like to put up a 36 boom Mosley
Pro-95 multi-band antenna.  I would like to find out how high I should put
the antenna in order to get the best performance out of it.  Is going from
80 feet (which would be easier take care of (guys, wind, climbing etc...) to
100 feet gain anything at all worth while?  Is it worth going up to 100 feet
with a antenna that has about 18 square feet of wind load?  Are there any
other benefits to going so high?
Thank you

John Benedict
KE5RS in Leander, Texas