[TowerTalk] To Bury or Not to Bury

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] To Bury or Not to Bury
From: n0tt1@juno.com (n0tt1@juno.com)
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2002 03:40:11 +0000
On Mon, 21 Jan 2002 22:45:00 -0800 "Jim White, K4OJ"
<k4oj@tampabay.rr.com> writes:

> It is almost impossible at times to get a uniform downhill slope -
> especially if you are on a really flat lot like here in FL....an
> alternative
> is to make the tube crest in the middle - and the ends will have
> sweeps
> upward and hopefully not allow moisture to get in but have the
> ability for
> condensation, etc to get out (i.e,. breath)
>
> As far as perf conduit - it will let in more than it will let out!
>
> K4OJ

How true!
I use plastic Tee connectors in the above ground end sections.
The Tee points downward and is covered by a vent screen (the
louvered kind available at Ace  Hardware, et al).  When the
wind blows there is enough pressure differential between the
pipe ends to move fresh air through the pipe, keeping it dry
most of the time.

73,
Charlie, N0TT
GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!