[TowerTalk] 3el electrically steerible yagi?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] 3el electrically steerible yagi?
From: ve9aa@nbnet.nb.ca (Mike & Coreen Smith)
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 22:20:37 -0400
Hi All,

After the encouraging recent success I've had with my 6M K1WA/K8UR 4 sloper
array (similar to the one in the ARRL Antenna Handbook-, but modified), I'm
now considering another 6m or 10m array with slightly more gain, etc.

I know ON4UN does something "similar" on a 80m yagi in his book.....read
on>>

Has anyone played with a 3-element vertical wire yagi, (electrically
rotated) centered around a common point?
(no rotor)

IE: something resembling this (birds eye view) :

                  .        .
                      .
                  .        .

The center dot being a 1/4WL element. Each outside element (I'm thinking)
could be the length of a reflector
but with a small coil or linearly loaded piece of wire at the bottom, which
could be shorted by a simple SPST relay,
ensuring it was then short enough to be a director.

Therefore, this example might be steered in 4 different directions simply by
making one of the outside elements
a director (the rest remain reflectors, see?)

Ideas? Comments?
I'm not looking for as many posts as the Dummy load oil deal, but a few
comments batted around regarding
this reflector related post might be nice ;-)

Mike VE9Antenna Antenna

Michael, Coreen & Corey Smith
(VE9AA,  VE9AAA & Little-VE9 to be)
271 Smith Rd