[TowerTalk] How long can the ground wire be?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] How long can the ground wire be?
From: tbeltran@earthlink.net (Thomas Beltran)
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2002 12:22:26 -0800
My current station desk is attached to an "exterior" wall, so the wire going
from the ground rod to the station is not even 2 feet long.

I plan on setting up a second station in another room (one, a modern
station, the other, a vintage or boatanchor station), which will be about
ten feet from a wall with access outside for connection to a ground rod.

My question is whether, in this second situation, the wire leading to the
ground rod is too long?  How do other people on this list handle the lead-in
wire from the ground rod?  Tom W6EIJ

Order online at http://store.eham.net.

-----