[TowerTalk] HF6V - any help for 80

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] HF6V - any help for 80
From: w7ts@earthlink.net (Ken Kinyon)
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2002 13:08:48 -0700
When I lived in Washington State, I put an HF2V  on top of a 35 foot tower.
It had 4 quarter wave 80 meter radials. It did an outstanding job of
transmitting on 80.  However, I found I could receive better on 80 using my
40-2CD with a preamp. It even seemed to exhibit some  directivity
(bi-directional). I worked a lot of good DX using that set-up.  Stations
using direction antennas (vertical arrays or yagis) always outperformed me,
But I am convinced that I was in the next layer down.
Hope this story helps some.
73,
Ken W7TS

-------------------