[TowerTalk] HF6V - any help for 80

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] HF6V - any help for 80
From: n4kg@juno.com (n4kg@juno.com)
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 00:01:21 -0600
The problem with the HF2V and HF6V verticals
is that they are BASE LOADED on 80M which
is the LEAST  EFFICIENT method of loading
a short vertical.

A good ground system does NOT make up for this deficiency.
Full Size or Top Loaded verticals are still MUCH more effective.
SOME top loading can be added to the HF2V but it is limited
by the matching range on 40M.  I doubt that top loading can
be used with the HF6V without affecting operation on the high bands.

Tom  N4KG

On Mon, 18 Feb 2002 "Randall Williamson" <ac7nj@yahoo.com> writes:

> Kelly,
> I have a butternut HF6Vx I mounted it in the ground and still needed
> radials for 40 and 80. Lets face it Verticals need radials. I have
> now
> moved it to the roof with tuned elevated radials (not as many just
> (5) 4
> from twin TV leed and 1 #14 copper for 80M) and it works well but I
> think you can't have too many radials I also bonded the base to the
> metal roof on the patio and 3 foot #4 copper wire and it decoupled
> it a
> little but improved 80M so I left it that way
>
> Randy
> AC7NJ

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.