[Towertalk] grounding an elevated vertical

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] grounding an elevated vertical
From: W4EF@dellroy.com (Mike)
Date: Sat, 9 Mar 2002 21:10:13 -0800
According to the field strength graph in N6PL's vertical antenna
book, 15 1/4 wave radials under a 1/4 wave radiator would yield
an efficiency ~70% of that which would be acheived using 113
radials (e.g. - 1.5dB). This data appears (although it doesn't say
explicity) to correspond to average soil (~5ms/m). The book
references G.H. Brown's work at RCA as the source of the
data.

YMMV.

73 de Mike, W4EF..........