[Towertalk] Measuring/ calculating Inductance

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Measuring/ calculating Inductance
From: ve6wz@shaw.ca (ve6wz_steve)
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 14:56:46 -0700
I am looking for some advice or references on how to calculate and/or measure
the inductance of a loading coil.  I have been modelling a loaded yagi (for
80m) and know the reactance I require for the loading coils, and want to design
the coils.  I have experimented with a coil on a 6 '' form and have tried to
measure the inductance with my MFJ analyser....the MFJ will not measure over
650 ohms reactance.  Is there another way to either accurately measure the
inductance or calculate the winding required for "Y" inductance using "X" gauge
wire on "X" diameter form?  I realize experimentation will ultimately be
required but I'd like to get close on my first design.

de steve VE6WZ.

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---