[Towertalk] Salt Water Locations

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Salt Water Locations
From: vr2bg@harts.org.hk (VR2BrettGraham)
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2002 01:16:00 +0000
N4ZR asked about 7RM's beach antenna feeders:

> >    Actually for JA they had 'beach antennas' mounted at the bottom of the
> >bluff aimed up Puget Sound. The 300' bluff behind them added LOTS of
> >attentuation to those pesky W6's and W5's trying to work the same path.
>
>That's kind of what I figured.  Open wire feedlines?

CATV hardline.  Antennas were small 3 or 4-element yagis, on a section or
two of 25G.  On 28 Mc there, I would transmit on the Bluff but listen from the
beach - still plenty loud into JA despite the height, the advantage as Steve
mentioned was in how the likes of N5AU not enough kc's away would just about
disappear on receive compared to the stacks on the Bluff.

73, BW2/VR2BrettGraham