[Towertalk] tailtwister installation

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] tailtwister installation
From: w7ni@easystreet.com (Stan & Patricia Griffiths)
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2002 13:29:33 -0800
Well, I do not agree with Steve on this one.  I think centering the mast in
the rotator is quite important, especially if you use a "pipe top" top
section on your tower.  A few years back, we used to hear about the bolts
that hold the upper and lower halves of the rotator together working out and
falling to the ground followed by the rotator bearings.  I think the major
cause of this problem is and uncentered mast stressing the rotator as it
turns and working those bolts out.  I would ALWAYS take care to shim the
mast and make sure it is in center, as close as I could get it.  1/16th of
an inch makes a big difference, IMHO.

Stan
w7ni@easystreet.com