[Towertalk] 75 ohm CATV hardline/weathering

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] 75 ohm CATV hardline/weathering
From: n4zr@contesting.com (Pete Smith)
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2002 12:58:24 -0500
I have a shot at several reels of 75-ohm unjacketed 3/4" aluminum hardline
that are surplus to the needs of the local cable company.  The only thing
that seriously concerns me is that they have been stored outside for
several years.  I seem to recall reading at one time that all one needs to
do, assuming the sheath is undamaged, is to cut off the last foor or so
from the end, to get back to fresh cable.  Is this right?  Any other danger
signals to look for?

73, Pete N4ZR

Check out the World HF
Contest Station Database at