[Towertalk] Ladder Line Twist

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Ladder Line Twist
From: W8JI@contesting.com (Tom Rauch)
Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2002 16:06:28 -0500
> Do you suggest twisting 600 ohm ladder line?

It depends.

If the line is very long, I would twist it. If it is near something else
somewhat conductive (within a few  feet), I would twist it.

If I didn't care if it radiated, I would not bother twisting it no matter
what.

In some cases we do not care about balance or radiation. SWBC
stations are an example. If they never receive on the antenna, they
care less if they get some radiation in undesired directions as long
as it is small compared to the main signal.

That might be the case for us also, if we don't use a directional
antenna we probably don't care if there is some line radiation.

73, Tom W8JI
W8JI@contesting.com