[Towertalk] 40 meter beam

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] 40 meter beam
From: VE6JY Don Moman" <ve6jy@freenet.edmonton.ab.ca (VE6JY Don Moman)
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2002 22:46:30 +0100
I have been testing a new rotor on my 3 el 40m yagi, full size, quite heavy.
It has been up for over a month and has worked fine in nearly -30C weather
and up to 60km winds.  Not a real test yet, but I feel very comfortable in
using this rotor on this size of antenna.   I think it would turn the Force
12 antennas, which are much lighter than mine, with ease. It also is an
excellent choice for a side gate rotor if you are thinking of mounting
something on the side of the tower.   It is a LOT less $$ than the Orion.
Where can you get a rotor capable of handling this size of yagi, digital (1
deg) readout,  6 presets, computer control, DC operation and more for only
$530 US (at current exchange rates)?
 I invite you to check out http://www.alfaradio.ca/amateur.html and/or
http://alfaradio.ca/alfaspid.html
for links including a write-up by myself and a copy of the instruction
manual. These are still not "finished" but will give you a good idea of the
unit and some of its capabilities. We may also have a booth at Dayton if
things work out..

73 Don
VE6JY