[Towertalk] Grounding mast to tower

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Grounding mast to tower
From: SPELUNK.SUENO@prodigy.net (EUGENE SMAR)
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2002 14:29:47 -0500
TT:

      My Bencher Skyhawk used to have all-insulated elements, too.  Before I
put it on the tower I used a small aluminum strap (maybe 1/2 inch by five
inches), self-tapping screw and SS hose clamp (plus 88 tape) on each
parasitic element to increase the capacitive loading of the tower/antenna
system for lowband operation.  Tower is now 5-6 dB louder, TX and RX, than
my inverted L.

    FWIW.

73 de
Gene Smar  AD3F