[Towertalk] Grounding mast to tower

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Grounding mast to tower
From: goudpj@mac.com (Pete Goudreau)
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2002 20:17:52 -0600
n4kg@juno.com wrote:

> On Tue, 2 Apr 2002 Pete Goudreau <goudpj@mac.com> writes:

>> BIG SNIP

>> all the elements of most yagis are insulated from the boom, too.

> HUH? Only if you are looking at Force 12 or KLM antennas is this a
> valid statement.

DOH!

Yep, F12 on the brain.

A hairpin match tied to the boom at its centerpoint doesn't effect
matching or the driven element operation and provides a dc ground,
and yeah, many yagis have reflectors and directors tied directly to
the boom.  I knew that, really, I did, honest...%-{}

> Obviously you have not examined any of the Cushcraft, HyGain, or
> Mosley antennas which have grounded elements on all of their
antennas
> except for the driven elements of CC and Mosley tribanders.

May I plead oldtimer's disease?  Almost there, got the hair...

> A thorough analysis would have caught this detail. :- 0

I _hate_ it when that happens!

Thanks,
Pete, AD5HD (ex-WB5RKC)