[Towertalk] Information on Towers

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Information on Towers
From: BobK8IA@aol.com (BobK8IA@aol.com)
Date: Sat, 6 Apr 2002 05:28:08 EST
>I have an opportunity to purchase either a Andrews 340' M46 tower or
an Advanced 330' tower. I wondered if anyone in the group has had any
information on either of these towers that would help me with my
decision.
Thanks
Paul W. Burke

Hi Paul;

The Andrews M36 series of towers are rated to 400' , guyed, and classifed as
"Light Microwave" in my line of work (I am a PE, microwave system QA
consulting engineer). The face width is 36" using either single diagonal or
cross-bracing. Each section is 20' long. The tower legs are angular and
formed with steel plate, very heavy duty by ham standards.. They can handle a
cellular platform an up to four 8 ft dishes. One of the faces of the tower
has integrated supports for feedlines. Thats about all I have on it, as I see
mostly the larger stuff. (Its the second smallest tower in their line).

73,

Bob Epstein, K8IA
Michigan USA

multipart/alternative