[Towertalk] Information on Towers...WHOOPS, correction!

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Information on Towers...WHOOPS, correction!
From: BobK8IA@aol.com (BobK8IA@aol.com)
Date: Sat, 6 Apr 2002 05:41:11 EST
>I have an opportunity to purchase either a Andrews 340' M46 tower or
an Advanced 330' tower. I wondered if anyone in the group has had any
information on either of these towers that would help me with my
decision.
Thanks
Paul W. Burke

Sorry Paul;

My last post was for the Andrews M36 series of towers and not the M46 like
you requested. (Must be too early in the morning, sorry).

Ok, the M46 is rated to 500', guyed, 46" face width, all bolted construction,
cross braced (X-fashion). It is classifed as "medium microwave" in the
industry and I have seen this model with stacked space diversity dishes,
multiple paths/directions,with as many as eight 8 -12 ft dishes so ham use is
not a question. (I am sure it will handle more but thats a structural design
detail to be computed on an individual basis). Its tower legs are angular and
the sections are 20' long. It has integrated feedline supports, with the
system rated for up to 24 per face. The supports are drilled for mounting
standard Heliax and waveguide hangers.

73,

Bob K8IA
Michigan USA