[Towertalk] Advice on Re-doing My Antennas

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Advice on Re-doing My Antennas
From: wd3q@erols.com (Eric Rosenberg)
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2002 06:24:55 -0700
I've finally collected everything I need to re-do my small lot
(micro-pistol) roof set-up.

I'm replacing my 6 ft. quadpod roof tower with a somewhat unconventional
10 footer (an older, refurbished TET model that has a 4 foot
base as a quadpod and a 6 foot, 4 sided, 6" face top section
that will need to be guyed).

My plan is to put the C3-SS up 4 or so feet over the thrust bearing.
 I have a F12 rotatable dipole (actually, a C3->C4 expansion
kit), and want to put that above the C3-SS.

The questions are:
-what's the recommended material for guying?
-how high do I put the rotatable dipole over the
  tribander?
-does the rotatable dipole go perpendicular or parallel to
  the tribander elements?
-does the rotatable dipole need a balun?

Thanks in advance,

Eric W3DQ
Washington, DC