[Towertalk] shoes...

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] shoes...
From: aa4lr@arrl.net (Bill Coleman)
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2002 22:48:56 -0400
On 4/26/02 10:43 PM, Jim White at k4oj@tampabay.rr.com wrote:

> I CANNOT BELIEVE THIS - AT WALMART????
>
>I have been hunting a good pair of steel shank shoes for years and theonly
>ones I could find were ten times this price....are you sure this is a shank
>that runs the length of the sole?

I don't know if the shoes I bought meet all your requirements.

WalMart had several varieties of work shoes. Many had steel toes. Only a
few had steel shanks. The kind I got will bend somewhat from front to
back, but they are very stiff. For $25, it's worth a look.

You may prefer something more elaborate and expensive. My feet and my
wallet are satisfied with my $25 shoes.

            -- Wilbur Wright, 1901