[Towertalk] shoes...

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] shoes...
From: aa4lr@arrl.net (Bill Coleman)
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2002 22:00:43 -0400
On 4/3/02 8:13 PM, Steve Litwins at litwins@badsector.com wrote:

>Somebody mentioned that some types of shoes are not good for climbing.  What
>are the good types?  I suspect the old pole climbers and tree climbers are
>not good for towers.  The last time I climbed towers I used hard-soled
>sneakers with large deep tread.  Good...bad??

Head out to WalMart and find the work shoes section. Find shoes with a
solid steel shank. You can buy a pair for less than $25. I did. They are
a sorta ugly black running shoe, but they pay for themselves within two
minutes of being on a tower rung.

Climbed the tower the other day and got to 12 feet high before I realised
I forgot to change my shoes. Fortunately, it was a short climb.

            -- Wilbur Wright, 1901