[Towertalk] Re: Topband: Lightning and Beverages

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Re: Topband: Lightning and Beverages
From: kb9cry@attbi.com (Phil - KB9CRY)
Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2002 09:38:04 -0500
I do two things for mine.  First I install a DC blocking capacitor, 0.01
ceramic disk rated at kV, in series on the 50 ohm signal or coax side.
 I've never had any problems with the transformer itself.  Then, out at
the terminating resistor box, I parallel up a bunch so that I have 12
watts of power capability so the resistors don't fry and then I parallel
that bunch with a gas discharge tube rated at 350 V.  Phil  KB9CRY