[Towertalk] Antenna Analyzer Suggestions?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Antenna Analyzer Suggestions?
From: SavageBR@aol.com (SavageBR@aol.com)
Date: Sat, 4 May 2002 16:43:14 EDT
It is even easier to make an impedance measurement using a series resistor. I
have used this technique for years. All you need is to be able to make a
reasonably accurate SWR measurement.  Then you need a known value (I use 18
ohms) series resistor in a connector. You take one regular SWR measurement
and then insert the known series resistor and take a second SWR reading, plot
the two readings in the form of  circles on a Smith chart and you have the
impedance.

Bruce  AA4Z