[Towertalk] Rotator

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Rotator
From: schiers@netins.net (hasan schiers)
Date: Fri, 10 May 2002 08:11:40 -0500
I have had this rotor for about five years in two different locations.

Location 1:

Tennadyne T-10 LP 24' boom 13-30 mhz log periodic @ 72'
2 x 22 el K1FO 70cm long yagis @ 78'
1 x 12 el K1FO 2m yagi @ 78'
Full AZ/EL with 12' fibreglas crossboom and KR-400 elevation rotor
Diamond X-500 17' vertical at top of mast

This went through five major ice storms. The rotor worked flawlessly.

Location 2:

Tennadyne T-6 LP 12' boom 13-30 mhz log periodic at 50'
2/70cm Arrow J-Pole at 60'

Only one small ice storm at new qth.

The rotor was taken down fro qth #1 and stored for 3 years before being put
up where I am now.

I don't know how big an array you can put on this rotor, but as you can see
from example #1 above, I had quite a bit of loading on it. I have been VERY
happy with this rotor. The 450 deg rotation, presets and variable speed are
quite nice. I would certainly buy another one and had been using nothing but
Ham IV's prior to this change. Hope this helps, 73

...hasan