[Towertalk] Dayton Attendence

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Dayton Attendence
From: gussam@newcomm.net (VO1MP)
Date: Mon, 20 May 2002 19:12:46 -0230
Stu Greene wrote:

> At 10:25 AM 5/20/02 -0700, Chris BONDE wrote:
> >And now B Bush wants Canucks to carry a passport as we harborded
> >terrorists (nothing about who trained them)
> >I think that many Canucks will not go south because of cost and passport.
>
> No one is forcing you to cross the border.  Stay up north and stay happy

Gents:
As a first timer to Dayton who travelled with a Wallet sized laminated
birth certificate and driver's Licence with picture only,
due to expired - not yet renewed passport
I had more grief from Canadian officials at point of entry/exit than
American. I don't know what that tells you about the system, but I think
we can all expect security measures globally to be tightened and
rightfully so.
As far as I'm concerned it a small measure to pay for the comfort
provided.Unfortunatley these are the times.

73 VO1MP  GUS