[Towertalk] Coax Connecter Losses - Dose anyone know?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Coax Connecter Losses - Dose anyone know?
From: RCARIELLO@si.rr.com (RCARIELLO)
Date: Thu, 30 May 2002 14:08:59 -0000
As a side subject to the topic: "Really dumb question on coax"
and then a second subject topic of: "There are no dumb questions on Tower
Talk, only dumb answers!"

I will submit the third subject as a topic.
Dose anyone know what the loss introduced into the circuit  is from the use
of these connectors?

My interest is in the RF range from 1.8 to 30 MHz.
The connectors all nickel plated.
I would like to information about a:
PL-259
PL-258
SO-239
85-877
PL-259 90 degree (Can't find the stock number)
PL-259 Tee (Can't find the stock number)

As a side note I called Amphenol for this information. The person I spoke to
was very friendly but unable to provide me with any information. The comment
from someone he spoke to was that the loss was insignificant within the
frequency range up to 300 MHz. The connectors were tested many years ago but
the results are not available.

If it hasn't already been done this might be a good project you someone
going to MIT.

Rich AA2MF