[Towertalk] Crossover brackets/ubolts

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Crossover brackets/ubolts
From: wr9a@commsec.com (Stephen M. Parker)
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2002 15:20:37 -0500
I'm looking for inexpensive crossover brackets or crossover ubolts. I
want to use them with 1.5"-2" pipe to make sidemounts for my Rohn 25G
tower. The sidemounts that Rohn sells seem quite expensive, though I'm
sure they're of good quality, and the crossover brackets & ubolts Rohn
sells are also quite expensive.

I remember seeing a weird-shaped, single u-bolt at the Dayton Hamvention
that functioned as a crossover. Does anyone know of a supplier for such
an animal, or something similar that is relatively inexpensive? I know a
person can buy some 1/4" steel stock and drill some holes to fit
standard ubolts, but I don't have access to a welder to cut the stock,
or durable enough bits to drill the holes. If anyone can come up with
another idea, or point me in the direction of a relatively inexpensive
source for something like this, I'd appreciate it.

Stephen, WR9A    -   Lafayette, Indiana   -    wr9a@commsec.com