[Towertalk] OT: Vertical wire TOP FEED?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] OT: Vertical wire TOP FEED?
From: RCARIELLO@si.rr.com (RCARIELLO)
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 22:23:01 -0000
George,
The antenna should work very well in the direction away from your building.
>From what you are describing I would guess the Wire will come from your
window ledge running at an angle to the ground away from your building.
Remember the far end of the wire will be hot with RF when transmitting, so
keep it away from anyone touching it. Isolate the tuner from ground and
attach one 1/4 wave wire for each band you intend to operate from onto the
coax shield side or ground lug on the tuner. Also remember the ends of these
wires will be hot with RF when transmitting. Keep them out of reach from
anyone's touch. Don't roll this wire up but try to run it around your
apartment along the edge of the room walls. I would cut the wire for the low
end of each band using the formula 234/f MHz= Wire length in feet. You might
be able to get away with one wire cut for the lowest band. Try this and see
if you get RF in the shack. If you do then cut another wire for that band.
I am shore this has been done before but not by me.
Good Luck
Rich AA2MF