[Towertalk] Antenna Wind Loading Calculations

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Antenna Wind Loading Calculations
From: BobK8IA@aol.com (BobK8IA@aol.com)
Date: Sat, 22 Jun 2002 17:30:20 EDT
In a message dated 6/22/2002 3:52:16 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
thoele@txcyber.com writes:

> Howdy again -
>
> I found a couple of towers, but now I need to figure out how to calculate
> wind loading.  There seems to be so many variables, and Rohn's information
> seems very vague.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Troy

Hi Troy;

If the towers can be identified as to mfr and model, the mfr can certainly
supply you with the structural info you may need. If not, please bite the
bullet and hire yourself a structural PE. Several hours of his/her time is
worth every penny! Only then  can you be sure you will be loading them
safely. Good luck.

73,Bob K8IA
Michigan USA

multipart/alternative