[Towertalk] NY State antenna legislation

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] NY State antenna legislation
From: k4oj@tampabay.rr.com (Jim White)
Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2002 16:50:48 -0400
No the topic is still the same!

Point is that there should not be a number placed on this - there are
already enough friggin' laws governing this stuff ALL WE NEED IS AN
EXCEPTION FOR ANTENNAS DEDICATED TO AMATEUR RADIO USAGE!

We stay within FAA guidelines and when over 200 ft install our
beacons....why is that not enough!

WHY DO WE INSIST ON LEGISLATION!

With reasonable leadership in the Whitehouse which has recognized the
contribution Amateur Radio makes why not simply push for "leave the hams
alone"...

It does not matter that I am a good operator, when I compete I wish to be
unfettered by government and that means freedom to erect large antenna
structures...simple.  The argument that there could be another category
further weakens things...there are way too many already - there has not been
proof this has added to the level of operating - if anything the contrary -
the additional awards have just put more paper out there...devalued in a lot
of cases!

If you want to get the most from an individual - leave him alone - don't put
him in a straight jacket and then be upset with the fact that he cannot
juggle.

K4OJ