[Towertalk] Re. HF2V

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Re. HF2V
From: n4kg@juno.com (n4kg@juno.com)
Date: Sat, 6 Jul 2002 17:39:18 -0600
Interesting results.

NN6K 80M DXCC  =  80 countries  with HF2V

KZ4V 80M DXCC = 280 countries
with inverted vee at 90 ft (NE/SW)
and vertically polarized Delta Loop at 90 ft (NW / SE)

N4KG 80M DXCC = 322 countries
with multiple dipoles and inverted vees from 70 ft to 130 ft
plus Full Size or Top Loaded single Verticals

I wish more of my competitors used HF2V's on 80M :-)

(Yes, adding the Top Loading wires to an HF2V would
improve it's performance on 80M.  Be careful not to
exceed the length that can still be matched on 40M).

Tom  N4KG