[Towertalk] elusive Codes info

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] elusive Codes info
From: kr7x@attbi.com (kr7x@attbi.com)
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2002 19:05:22 +0000
Jim:

The IBC 2000 in section 3108.4 wrt Radio and Television
towers refers to EIA/TIA-222-E "Structural Standards for
Steel Antenna Towers and Antenna Supporting Structures."

The newest versions is EIA/TIA-222-F. I can be obtained
from "Global Engineering Documents" on the web. Use
Google and search on Global Engineering Documents. I
believe it is about $80 plus.

The IBC 2000 also references ASCE-7-98 which has its own
method of calculating wind pressure for towers. But
since your juridsiction is using EIA/TIA-222-E/or F go
with that.

IF you need more information e-mail me.

73

Hank Lonberg, P.E.,S.E. / KR7X