[Towertalk] Ground wire impedance

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Ground wire impedance
From: n4zr@contesting.com (Pete Smith)
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2002 14:22:53 -0400
At 12:51 PM 7/29/02 -0500, FireBrick wrote:
>are you saying that the small coil of 1/2" copper tubing hanging in my
>garage would be a better grounding conductor that my heavy gauge solid
>wire.?
>(I can never remember if the soft copper tube used for water is K or M. I
>think M).
>I think it's 1/2"OD.
>
>I could easily flatten one end for clamping to ground rods.

On his web site N1LO has pictures of an interesting entry panel and
grounding system that he made, using aluminum plate for the panel and what
looks like about 1" silver-soldered copper pipe for a combination ground
conductor and hardline support.  Food for thought, anyway.

73, Pete N4ZR

Check out the World HF
Contest Station Database at
www.pvrc.org