[Towertalk] US Tower TX 472MDP Raising Fixture

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] US Tower TX 472MDP Raising Fixture
From: K3SV@aol.com (K3SV@aol.com)
Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2002 16:18:52 EDT
In a message dated 9/4/2002 3:03:36 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
alwilliams@olywa.net writes:

> > Bill....you're right there's a load lock brake and a rachet pawl that
> holds
> > the weight.  Crank clockwise to raise the tower and counterclockwise to
> > lower it.  You should hear the rachet pawl clicking while cranking up,
> but
> > you won't hear it while cranking down because the load brake is
> activated.
> >

> I might not have the TX472MDP Raising Fixture but I do have the MDP
> raising fixture that came with a used HDX472MDP tower.  The fixture
> uses a Fulton 2550 brake winch.  I also have three other Fulton2550
> brake winches on other towers.

Follow-up. Helping a fellow ham over the past two days I have raised and
lowered the TX472MDP using the fixture. I was installing Force12 yagis on a
20' mast, also using the mast raising fixture that is available with that
tower. Things worked very well. I want to thank all of the op's that dropped
me a note with comments, it built my confidence to lean that big puppy over.
It is quite a sight to see, almost a ton of tower being supported by two
pivot bolts and 1/4" cable/winch etc etc.  But it works FB.   73 Bill

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---