[Towertalk] Phillystran break strength vs. diameter?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Phillystran break strength vs. diameter?
From: thompson@mindspring.com (David L. Thompson)
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2002 13:00:19 -0400
Thanks to Steve K7LXC for the diameter of phillystran.  I never could get
this from the factory.  I did learn that both the old and new jacket will
fully protect the kevlar for at least 20 years in even tropical sunlight of
say Aruba.  Shelf life before use matters little
unless the jacket gets damaged.

I found 3 pieces 73 feet long of 6700lb with factory installed loops at each
end of EBAY.  The guy selling it was in North Carolina
(he had 100 sets).  I suspect these were made for the military.
The price was about 20% of current ham net.  Been looking for more for over
a year.  These are designed to allow regular guy wire attachment to the
tower and then use guy wire again on the ends
(the factory said never never never use phillysran at ground level.

73 Dave K4JRB