[Towertalk] Re: [YCCC] HyGain 115CA and 105CA assembly problem

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Re: [YCCC] HyGain 115CA and 105CA assembly problem
From: cwdxer@attbi.com (David Gerns)
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 11:41:12 -0400
Jim,

I've used Hy-gain since 1979 and when they (the original Hy-gain) converted
to the hose clamps in the early 90's (?) I ran into that same problem.  I
drilled a hole used a self-tapping screw then dabbed silicon sealant over
the screw. Never had a problem.  When I replaced the antennas due to storm
damage in 1997, the replacements had better clamps and I did not have to do
any additional work.

GL,
David, K1LD