[Towertalk] 45G (guyed) vs. SSV (self-supp'g) 70-ft. tower

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] 45G (guyed) vs. SSV (self-supp'g) 70-ft. tower
From: n4kg@juno.com (n4kg@juno.com)
Date: Wed, 2 Oct 2002 07:24:42 -0600
I guyed an 80 ft TV tower at 4 levels and another 75 footer at 3 levels.

I can't imagine guying 70 ft of R45 at 4 levels.  Maybe 3 for a really
strong installation, otherwise 2 levels should be adequate for most
applications.  Didn't K7NV indicate that making the TOP guy heavier
would also allow a slightly higher load on Top?

Tom  N4KG