[Towertalk] Yagi Rotational Center

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Yagi Rotational Center
From: ve7hcb@rac.ca (Chris BONDE)
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2002 16:49:59 -0700
Tom:
I like your suggestion.  I was going to try something with chords of a
circle.  Mainly as an exercise.  But you used the Phythaurous method. Great.

May I suggest that if you use the extra equation that B (boom length) = Br
(length from reflector to centre) + Bd (length from director to centre then
the iterations need not be done.

Br = (D^2-R^2+(2B)^2)/8B

If you want a 3 element yagi at 28,8 mHz with D=
455/28.8=15.7986,  R=500/28.8=17.36, spacing 0.1l then B=
0.2*2*468/28.8=6.5.  Calculations make centre 2.253 from R and total radius
of rotation 8.967.

Is this correct?

Chris opr VE7HCB