[Towertalk] Removing Superficial Rust from Rohn Tower Sections

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Removing Superficial Rust from Rohn Tower Sections
From: k4oj@tampabay.rr.com (k4oj)
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2002 16:10:34 -0400
...do yourself a favor - invest in a nice cordless drill - you cannot
image the chores you will do with it - not to mention honey do's take
less time when you don't have to drag out an extension cord!  The
favorite tool in my arsenal is my Milwaukee Cordless - I have used it
for jobs like wire brushing to driving a winch raising up a long mast
with yagis on it by using an automotive jack and putting a wide flat
blade in the chuck of the drill to operate it - there is nothing like
the joy of exurting next to no force in squeezing the variable speed
switch on the drill motor and then watching hundreds of pounds move
before your eyes - versus how you used to do it with a comealong, etc...

Get two batteries for it - leave one in the charger so you will always
be QRV.  Wire brushes that chuck up in drill motors are available at any
home center...do it before the wx gets too cold up there in the Nawth

73,

Jim, K4OJ