[Towertalk] Guy Lengths, climbing unguyed tower sections

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Guy Lengths, climbing unguyed tower sections
From: n1lo@hotmail.com (Mark .)
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 08:24:10 -0500
Tom wrote:
<< I'm interested in guys lengths as well. If one were to use 130 feet of
rohn 25 for 160M or 80M. The nearest other tower is about 300 feet away. The
guy anchors are about 60' from the base and I plan on guying at  approx 30,
60, 90 feet. The guy's calculate at approx 67', 84', and 108'. Looks like we
may want to avoid 67', are the other lengths OK what are the
recommendations? >>

I wanted to comment on this earlier but didn't have time...

If you put up 130 feet with the last guy at 90 feet, then your climber is
going to have a wild ride! Although opinions vary, and this tower is
remarkably stiff, I still cringe a little at the thought of doing anything
at the top of 4 sections (40 feet) of unguyed Rohn 25!

I guess, if your application is to use the tower only as the vertical
radiator, then you won't be installing any other items at the top, and you
won't be putting side loads from hauling on the top.

  --...MARK_N1LO...--

Broadband??Dial-up? Get reliable MSN Internet Access.