[Towertalk] Guy Lengths, climbing unguyed tower sections

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Guy Lengths, climbing unguyed tower sections
From: n2mg@eham.net (Mike Gilmer, N2MG)
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 13:01:24 -0400
I've found (and others have agreed) that when on a tower that has one
guy set installed (say at 31') and you are working on the second, yet-
uninstalled, set (say at 62') this oscillation is the worst.  Seems the
fact that you have an equal amount of tower above and below the one guy
set is nasty.  Once you have two guy sets in place, being at the 3rd
set (although higher) is less traumatizing. ;-)

Mike N2MG