[Towertalk] Antenna Wire

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Antenna Wire
From: spelunk.sueno@prodigy.net (EUGENE SMAR)
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 13:07:32 -0500
Dan:

     I had a coperweld-based horizontal loop at my QTH for a couple of
years.  After that time, the copper cladding corroded off.  I replaced the
clad wire with, I guess, #14 stranded bare copper.  The wire was a hamfest
special; not sure of who sold it.  But that stuff lasted for seven more
years before I took it down two summers ago.  Surface was still in pretty
good shape.

FWIW.

73 de
Gene Smar  AD3F