[Towertalk] I need help

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] I need help
From: py4ro@superig.com.br (Carlos Augusto S. Pereira)
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 23:36:25 -0200
Dear friends,

I live in seven floor building in Belo Horizonte -  Brazil and recently
raised a 2 element Yagi on its top. However, the
 neighbors did not allow me to pass the cables (rotor and coaxial cable) at
the outside of the building. I used the elevator but the company which makes
the  service complained that it is illegal and asked me to remove them (I am
doing that tomorrow morning). Thus so I have two options to follow:

1. To give up ham radio.

2. To pass the cable all the way down the stairs (making curves and  paiting
the cable).

I confess that after almost one year arguing with the neighbords the option
number l is getting more and more close. I am tired of  explain things and
be misunderstood. But when I think about this option I  get sad because I
have been a ham since I was 18 (I am 34 now) and I like our hobby very very
much. Most of my friends are hams!  I do not want to give up!

The option number 2 looks fine but I have not talked about it with the
others. But considering that they aprove it.... The problem I have here is
the 420 ft of cable (each one) required to go all the way down to my
apartment.I am using 164 ft of:

-  RG213 50ohms coax cable
-  2 cables of 4 wires each (1.5mm, I believe AWG 14) to feed the  hy-gain
Ham III rotator.

My question is:
If I want to increase the 164 ft of rotor cables. Which cable should I  use?

420 - 164 = 256 ft

I believe that 1.5mm cable is not ok to connect to the existing cable,
right?

Considering that I want to keep the old rotor cable
 (for economical reasons). Which cable should I use to extend it? 2.5mm
 (AWG 12) will work?

Thanks in advance and 73,

Carlos PY4RO