[Towertalk] Cleaning Aluminium. Thanks

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Cleaning Aluminium. Thanks
From: vk2lee@maxnet.net.au (Lee Noonan)
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 00:39:51 +1100
Martin
You can also use Stainless steel Scourers...... The stainless steel really
does a good job, although I still prefer the soap pads [steel wool] I use
rubber gloves... and when its nice & clean & shiny, I like to spray
everything with clear gloss paint which helps to keep it clean.. actually I
painted all the joints on My 8 element 10+15m duobander with a good quality
oil based Paint which I applied liberally with a brush... 3 coats too. I
already had the paint which happened to be Sky Blue... I don't have any
problems with oxidation etc as I live inland in the country with No
pollution apart from dust or smoke from Bush Fires..

73
Lee Noonan     VK2LEE