[Towertalk] Diameter of Phillystran

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Diameter of Phillystran
From: Cqtestk4xs@aol.com (Cqtestk4xs@aol.com)
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2002 07:54:57 EST
In a message dated 12/1/02 2:29:50 PM Greenwich Standard Time, n2mg@eham.net
writes:

<< I would definitely contact the folks at Phillystran. I'd be concerned that
 the older style Philly cannot use the (more modern) grip terminations and
 require the old potting process. >>

The old style potting ends are still available.  They do not look anything
like the older ones.  The smallest one services all sizes that amateurs would
encounter.  I believe the cable size OD it will accommodate is up to 3/8
inch.  The good news is that they are smaller and require less resin.  The
bad news is that they cost around $35 a piece.  The resin mix is around $60.
The mix will do around 20 ends.

By the way, I didn't want to throw away the extra resin after I poured the
ends I had.
I took the extra and poured it into a plastic ice cube tray.  I now have
eight or ten resin 'ice cabes' which I will drill out to act as the now
discontinued KLM terminal blocks for terminating the Phillystran runs on my
KLM antennas.

Bill  K4XS