[Towertalk] Dow-Key dirty contacts. & SO-239 Covers

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Dow-Key dirty contacts. & SO-239 Covers
From: norsan@bright.net (Norman Hockler)
Date: Sat, 14 Dec 2002 23:14:01 -0500
Do NOT file the contacts.  A relay that is required to pass receive signals
( or and low current signal) must have noble metal to
" WET" the contact or the problem you are having will occur.  The symptoms
you describe are caused by dirty contacts and if you file them you will
remove the noble metal plating ( silver, gold, platinum , etc.)  I suggest
you go to Radio Shack and get a can of their tuner cleaner ( part #
64-4315)  Spray the contacts and pull a clean piece of white bond paper
through the contacts if you can. This should fix your problem.

Norm  N8NH